Google Adsense

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Money Out of Pocket

It's amazing the amount of money that can be spent on keeping up a yard and garden.  Last year I remember investing large amounts just to keep the yard in city code shape and clean.  It means that if you want to have a yard that keeps standard viewing, then you are going to spend money on it.
My vegetable garden cost quite a bit of cash as well.  This leaves me to think about down sizing the coming year.  I did the type of garden one is accustomed to having in the years prior to now.  Back then you had a huge garden with all types of vegetables to support the coming harvests.  Today, it's not feasible to have such a garden considering the things that just won't grow right in certain soils and the weather.  Certain soils take a large amount of mulch to get it in shape for planting seasons.  I'm one person who is not young anymore.  I have to pay people to come and do the heavy work for me.  Here in you have more expense. 
This coming year I am considering having raised beds that can be easier controlled.  The harvest will be less but I'm sure the area involved will produce better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 18, 2024 Rose Buds