Google Adsense

Monday, June 4, 2012

Weather

It has been a good growing season this spring.  As we join the coming summer, I look at my garden which is coming into the harvest time.  I just picked the green beans and am looking at the corn.  The tassels have bloomed and I noticed some ears forming on several stalks.  The purple hull peas are starting to make, the okra is starting but taking it's slow time.  The tomatoes haven't fared as well as I had hoped and the cucumbers are sparse also.  The squash haven't done well either and I guess you may be asking, what do I expect from a 1st year garden?  The cabbage is heading slowly as well.  Darn it I sure didn't want to put any commercial fertilizer on it, to get a good harvest.  The rain has been much better this year, so I thought maybe it would make everything okay.  But, nay to all the above and I sure wish the harvest was alot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 18, 2024 Rose Buds